Monday, November 14, 2011

The Om Nom Life goes to Wine and Design

I love doing arts and crafts. I sometimes am too busy to do it as much as I would like, but now that we have a second bedroom, I have my very own creative space. It is something I am truly passionate about and what I need to make time to do. I took extra art classes when I was in school and at one point in time thought I'd major in art education, I chose culinary arts instead.

I was invited to a bloggers' night at the Wine and Design here in Raleigh and I was über excited to go. I have been once before with a friend, but this time I was going to go solo. At the usual $35 a pop to go, I was also looking forward to just providing myself with a snack and wine and skipping the fee.

The studio is a nice space hosting a large area with long tables. Each station comes equipped with easels, paint, and canvas. There is also an additional studio in the back for private parties.

It is amazing what you can do at this place. Even if you think you have zero artistic skill, you will walk away confident and proud of your creation. The instruction is clear and easy, you are free to work at your own pace, and tweak the colors to your liking. Whereas most of the time, I like to paint in quiet or with chill music, you will pump out your painting while listening to Top 40 surrounded by women singing along (slightly annoying, but just drink up).

I brought a deliciously smooth bottle of Shiraz and 100 calorie Brie Bites (smartest and cutest thing ever) and Pita Crackers. My favorite dinner.

Wine and Design is definitely worth checking out. It's a great treat for yourself, a fun girls night, or a romantic date night. I plan on signing my husband and I up for one of their special date nights when you work on a painting together. Here is how it went!
This is making me drool to look at it (can you tell I haven't had cheese since?)
The Om Nom creative space, coming along....

No comments:

Post a Comment